Ephesians Series: His Kind Will
Life Group Questions:
1. As you read Ephesians 1:3-14 can you pick out three “stanzas” as if it were a hymn? What phrase repeated three times might be the chorus? Why does Paul write this (Ephesians 1:15-23 may help)?
2. What’s the difference between just hearing the Gospel from hearing and believing? What effect does each have on peoples’ lives?
3. Why does Paul use metaphors when describing the Holy Spirit’s role inside of you? How does his use of metaphors impact you differently than if he simply stated what the Spirit does?
4. What two metaphors does Paul use to describe the Spirit’s work? What do each mean? Why are they important?
5. Interact with the quote by Joni Eareckson Tada: “God allows what He hates to accomplish what He loves.” How does that truth impact your prayer life?