Ephesians Series: Think
Life Group Questions:
1. How do you feel about the statement, “How we think about relationships tends to create a lot of unnecessary drama”? Explain.
2. Read Ephesians 4:25-29. What are the reasons behind each command? How does that impact your thinking about church integrity, anger without sin, working so you can be generous and using words to build up?
3. Discuss from Ephesians 4:30 reasons to take our relationship with God seriously. Can you envision Ephesians 4:31 as a downward spiral from bitterness to malice? If so, what might each loop look or feel like to the embittered person?
4. Read John 8:34-38. How does God’s adoption of us as His children (and the Spirit’s sealing) make it possible for us to forgive others?
5. Ephesians 4:32 tells us we forgive others as God in Christ has forgiven us. Why does the Gospel make such profound difference in how we can handle offenses?
6. Spend time thanking the Lord for the Gospel and its power to turn seasons of offense into “joy, praise and gladness” (Zechariah 8:19).