Ephesians Series: Think
Questions for reflection:
1. What are common justifications for sinful behaviors you hear today? Read Ephesians 5:6. How are those rationales “empty words”? What does it take for people to see them as deception?
2. Read through Ephesians 5:6-14. What benefits to the “light of truth” do you see? How do they help you “walk as children of light”?
3. Why do you think we sometimes prefer the darkness than the light?
4. Is there some issue you’ve wrestled with recently while “trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord” (Ephesians 5:10)? How has that process benefited you?
5. Do you think it is possible to “sleep walk” as a church-goer? What dangers are there in doing that? Describe what it is like for the light of Christ to wake you up (Ephesians 5:14).
6. Pray for courage that we as a church would be willing to witness the Gospel even to church-goers and other “decent” people who might be asleep to the life of Christ.